Is this a good thing? For the majority of us it’s great. If you just like to have the occasional flutter or maybe put a wager on your favorite footy team, no problem, and as for professional bettors, well they can work from where ever they like. The insatiable attraction of sports betting can often get the better of us. A flutter turns to an obsession; before you know it you’re betting regularly and excessively (which of course is not a problem). It’s not long after that’ that your wallet starts feeling the affects followed close behind by your family and friends.
If you’ve become hooked on sports betting, then as I see it you only have three options.
- Go cold turkey. Not recommended. (Way too hard)
- Slow down a bit and implement a time and money management system. (Worth while considering) or
- Take it up a notch with a sport betting system. Recommended. (Read on)
There are two types of bettors. They both love betting and they both bet regularly but that’s where the similarities end. There are the ones who don’t really care about betting and are mostly here just to make a quick buck, and that’s fine. They are going to make some money but it will be a lot less than if you would have chosen football or horse racing.
The recreational bettor will probably go slightly more die hard with sports betting. Maybe bet a bit on the Grand National and have a laugh. They may even win money but it will be a lot less than if they would have picked football or horse racing. They might win a few bets, they might even make some money. It doesn’t matter.
The recreational bettor is obviously not going to have any more winnings than when he started. He’s not here to make any serious money. What he needs to do is to have fun. If you let betting become the centre piece of your life, you will have a lot of fun with it, but you will also end up with a lot of expenses.
The ninety eight per cent winners are the ones who manage to bet over and over again and end up winning the lot. They don’t need to get sucked into a fantasy somewhere. They know the value of backing the wrong horses, laying the wrong horses, when to lay horses, who to back, etc. It’s all a bit of a minefield and it all comes down to quite simple gambling. Which is to say there is no single strategy that will work for you. If you had one of those you would already know but you would be too embarrassed to use it in a Casino.
There are however some good strategies and they are as follows:
- Back High Value Pass Line and lay the least popular betting option, i.e. the favourite. For example, you back high for a horse and the odds are offered by the start of the race and there is no chance of a price back, the favourite will win. You lay it early in the hope that the favourite prices up, you will get a price back. This might sound like a guaranteed win, but it’s not, you can still lose.
- Lay High Through Betting Exchanges. Betting to an exchange is a bit like trading shares, you gamble on a companies stock prices rising, when you think there is more than one way to invest your money. When you lay a horse you literally make a bet that the horse will lose. You can also lay other horses if you are feeling particularly generous.
- Here’s a quick tip, see if you can find a direct linked dewapoker to the bookies you are thinking of using. They will most likely have a presence on the high street and probably website pages dedicated to horse betting.
- No matter what, you will probably lose more money than you win. That’s just the way it goes and there is nothing you can do about it.
- Just because one system works for you doesn’t mean it will work for you. You could stick to using your spinning laptop!